Calling all U3A Artists and Photographers!
U3A Beaudesert will conduct an Art and Photography Competition in conjunction with the U3A Network Queensland Conference 28 – 30 May 2024 at Beaudesert. The prize pool for the competition is $850 so this is a great opportunity for U3A members to showcase their artistic skills at the conference, with the chance to win cash prizes. And, if you put your entry up for sale you could also be paid for your work.
The theme for the competition follows the conference theme – ‘A Scenic View’ and entries must relate to the theme to win any of the prizes. While there is latitude in the artist’s interpretation of the theme; the important thing is to portray an artist impression of ‘A Scenic View’.
The U3A Beaudesert Arts Committee and judges are excited that the 2024 Arts Competition will be a major part of the Conference, exhibiting the talents of U3A artists across Queensland.
Prizes for the competition are as follows:
Art Competiton: First Prize $300, Second Prize $150, People’s Choice $50.
Photography Competition: First Prize $200, Second Prize $100, People’s Choice $50.
Network President Rhonda Weston AM is delighted that the talents of our U3A members will be recognised in the competition and would really appreciate U3A Presidents, Secretaries and Tutors helping to ‘get the word out’ about the Conference and the Art & Photography Competition.
“I commend this initiative of U3A Beaudesert that will showcase the talents of our U3A artists and photographers at our annual Network State Conference, and I congratulate the Beaudesert team on staging the competition in conjunction with the conference.”
Below are links to everything artists need to know about the competition, and Network Queensland would appreciate local U3As downloading the Arts Competition Flyer and circulating it to their members.
Please note that registrations for the Art & Photography competition may be online through the Member Wizard link below or via a completed Entry Form emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Entry Form (PDF)
Key points about the competition:
- The competition is open to members of any Queensland U3A.
- Entries are limited to three per U3A member.
- Entry Fee is $10 per entry.
- Artwork and photography must reflect the theme: ‘A Scenic View’.
- Each entry must be the original work of the entrant.
- Artwork may be in any medium of watercolours, oils, pencil, acrylic or pastels.
- Photography must be suitable for hanging on canvas board or framed.
- Entries may be submitted in digital form via email together with an entry form.
- Hard copy entries may be posted or delivered.
- No personal identifiers may appear in entries.
- Entries may be sold, with 20% commission paid on sale.
- Entries must be received no later than 5th May 2024.
- Late entries will not be accepted and the judge’s decision is final.
- Winners will be announced the evening of the Network Conference Dinner.