This is a post from Greg.
this is still Greg’s post.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please read these conditions carefully. Ensure the entry form is completed fully.
• You may submit a maximum of two entries. These can be made up as follows:
o 2 entries in Painting, or
o 2 entries in Drawing, or
o 1 entry in both Painting and Drawing
• Include a 50–word Artist Statement demonstrating how the work relates to the theme
“Spread Your Wings”. This is attached to the entry form.
• Your title must not be the theme’s title.
• Entries close 5 pm Sunday 29 May, 2022
• A first ($200) and a runner–up ($100) prize will be awarded in each category.
• All entries must be submitted by email as a photograph (jpg format) of the work.
• By entering the competition, the entrant gives U3A Network Queensland permission for their
work to be displayed publicly, including on their website.
• Members of U3A Network Queensland, committee members of U3A Network Queensland
Management Committee, judges and tutors of the subject are not eligible to enter.
• Entries must be entirely your own work. Entries must not have won or been placed (2nd , 3rd ,
runner up etc.) in any other competition.
• If your entry has been long–listed or short–listed in other competitions and provided it has not
won a prize or been published, it is eligible.
• Entry fees will not be refunded.
• Entry implies acceptance of all the rules and failure to comply may result in disqualification.
• Use the title of your work as the title of the jpg. Do not include any personal identifying
• The judges’ decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into. Judges
are unable to comment on individual entries. Judging is fair and unbiased
This is another attempt to get the post done correctly. Let’s hope for better success this time.
This is a new post. Hopefully, I will do this correctly.
This fine, as far as it goes. You have an image in the text/image area, and that will appear on the post page. You need some type of Featured Image (bottom right) so that a thumnail appears on the Greg’s Training page. I’ve put a placeholder image in there to show the result. I’ve also ticked the ‘Display featured image in post lists only, hide on singular views’ box so that it appears on your page but not heading the post.
The Greg’s Training page doesn’t need to be changed unless you want to put an introductory message there. The page will automatically list posts with the Greg’s Training category allocation.
Wordpress distinguishes between Pages and Posts. Pages are usually static, displaying semi-permanent information and latest posts while Posts are standalone presentations of detailed stories, etc.
Keep going and it will all make sense soon.
Above is an image inserted into the Text section of add a new post
This is a line of text in ‘Paragraph’ font.
The thumbnail image on the Greg’s Training page related to this post is 600px x 330px and in the ‘Featured Image’ section the ‘Display featured image in post lists only, hide on singular views’ checkbox has been ticked.
In the ‘Categories’ section at right, the post has been assigned as ‘Greg’s Training’ so that the posts he creates appear on the ‘Greg’s Training’ page, not on the public pages of the website.