COTA Queensland have announced a joint approach with Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN) to ensure that the views and voices of older persons are heard by the Australian Government on two major reforms:
- the new Aged Care Act – the Government has released information about the rights and other foundational aspects (such as supported decision making, the definition of high quality care along with other key areas); and
- funding principles for a sustainable aged care system – developed by the Aged Care Taskforce to guide their work.
Consultations will be held throughout August and into early September 2023, starting this Saturday 19th August in QLD. To have your say about the future of aged care, you can:
- register for in-person consultation forums across Australia (every capital city and four regional locations), where you will have the opportunity to provide feedback in a safe and inclusive setting, OR
- register for an online regional consultation forum if you cannot attend a session in-person, (including those who live in regional, rural and remote areas), AND
- share your views on the future funding of aged care in a COTA/OPAN Aged Care Funding Principles Survey.
For more information visit > https://opan.org.au/cota-opan-consultations
You can also provide your feedback directly to the Australian Government via surveys and submissions.