October is Cyber Security Awareness Month
Cyber Security Awareness Month that starts in October is a reminder for all Australian individuals to stay secure online and practise good cyber hygiene.
Weekly themes for Cyber Security Awareness Month are:
- Week 1 (3-9 October 2022) – Theme: Have you been hacked?
- Week 2 (10-16 October 2022) – Theme: Is your email secure?
- Week 3 (17-23 October 2022) – Theme: How do you act now to stay secure?
- Week 4 (24-30 October 2022) – Theme: It’s time to take action!
How can I get involved?
The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) encourages everyone to participate and/or host an activity in your workplace, home, community or school.
Download our online resources to support your event
Join the conversation about Cyber Security Awareness Month:
- Use the #AusCyberMonth22 hashtag.
- Share the ACSC social media posts using the hashtag #AusCyberMonth22.
- Report all cybercrime and cyber security incidents to the ACSC via ReportCyber or call the Australian Cyber Security Hotline on 1300 292 371 (1300 CYBER1).
Where can I find the Cyber Security Awareness Month 2022 Resources?
All 2022 resources are now available for download from cyber.gov.au. These resources include:
- Posters to promote Cyber Security Awareness Month 2022.
- Posters promoting the steps to being cyber secure.
- Email banner.
- Desktop wallpaper.
- Social media banner.
- Microsoft Teams/Zoom banner.
- PowerPoint wallpaper.
- Social media tiles.
- Guides for you to use and share.
- Get Social
Over the coming weeks, ACSC will post content to our social channels (Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn) and encourages everyone to share the posts throughout the month of October with friends and family.
Let’s work together to ensure all Australian individuals and businesses stay secure online.
Are you a victim of cybercrime? Visit ReportCyber to take your next steps: